Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Apple Activities -- 3

We've never melted crayons before and I read somewhere
that someone had melted the crayons and then used cookie
cutters to cut them into shapes. "Wow," I thought, "I
can use those cute fall cookie cutters we have."

Well, we used very cheap crayons (we had boxes left over
from a large function) and it looked plain weird. The
wax separated out and it looked muddy orangish-brown.
I just left the pan to cool. Only later did I see that the
colors were on the bottom (and we probably could
have cut them out).

Anyway, we tried melting crayons again with Crayola
brand crayons (but I didn't have as many on hand. It
did work, but we only made a very thin crayon shape
so they cracked very easily. Someday we might try again!

At least it was an interesting science project with those
cheap crayons, right??



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment