Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Science Museum

The kids always enjoy going into the little science museum.
Each time they seem to find something else that piques
their interest.

The first picture is of a dingo, a feral cat eating a gala
and a perrente.

The second picture is a skeleton of one of the world's largest
ducks. The fossils were uncovered north of here.

The last two are of various snakes, birds and mammals
common to Australia.






























I've had it in my mind to call the scientist who works for
this museum (he's good friends with the French horn
player in my wind ensemble). Years ago he gave me and
LD a tour of the science lab. I'm not very good at making
calls like this, but I called this afternoon and I'm going to
take the older two kids to visit his lab next Monday.
Awesome!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment