Sunday, November 15, 2009

Turkey Math Game

The kids have really enjoyed this game this week. I got
the turkey print outs from mathwire.com . I used some
craft cubes and wrote numbers on the dice 0-5 on two
and 6-11 on the others. It was good practice counting
for my preschooler. I made the spinner using a template
online which I printed on cardstock and glued on cardboard.
I put a brad through (it's sticking up a bit) and used one of
the laminated turkey feathers which I cut down to size and
put a hole punch as the spinner's arrow. I wrote in "odd, even,
less and more."

The kids have played this daily. It was a big hit!










Here are some other related posts that might be of interest:

Thanksgiving Preschool Printables (free)



FREE  CVC Words -at -it -ot -ut File Folder Game and Word Cards


Free Fall Sight Word Games


  • Free Fall Math Game Board – Use this game board for any type of math fact practice. Players move around the board until one person lands on the WIN space. My oldest used this to add positive and negative numbers… but you can use this for number recognition, easy addition, subtraction or multiplication problems.




And these posts have links to lots of other freebies (most for the 3-6 year old crowd!)

FREE Coin Counting File Folder Game
sh th ch Sound Sort and Worksheet Activities

You might also be interested in this FREE Resource Guide:
How to Create Your Own Homeschool Curriculum: K, Gr. 1

 



See you again soon at our new website location, homeschoolden.com, or at our Homeschool Den Facebook Page! Don’t forget to Subscribe to our Homeschool Den Newsletter!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment