Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Candy

I made a batch of Christmas candy that was a big hit with
the kids. I used the candy corn recipe, and added green
and red food coloring. It took long enough that I had to
place the candy mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds
several times, but I thought it turned out well. What do
you think?



















I also made a small batch of fudge today from the Better
Homes and Gardens Cookbook
:

*Cook in a saucepan until 236degrees F (stir the entire
time):
1 cup sugar1/4+1/8 cup light cream (or half-and-half)
1 oz (1 square) unsweetened chocolate cut up
1/2 tsp corn syrup

*Add but do not mix
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

*Cool to 110F (50 minutes or so)

*Beat w/spoon until mixture loses its gloss (6-8 mins)

*Place in pan on buttered aluminium foil, cut in squares.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment