Saturday, January 2, 2010

Experiment 3: The Celery Slurping Results

We got almost immediate results from ED's celery where
she took a big bite out of the stem! It made for interesting
discussions as to why so much dye accumulated on that
side.

When I asked LD why the water was going up the stalk
when gravity pulls things down, he first answered, "Maybe
it's evaporating." (Hmm... but it's not hot in here I pointed
out.) "Maybe it's crawling. Wait but it's not alive," he
quickly added. A few minutes later you could see the
stars shine in his eyes "I think it's trying to drink it -- drink
the water! Yes, it's trying to drink it!" (I jotted all this
down as he talked!) Fun to see the excitement.

I couldn't help but be caught up in the excitement as
the celery leaves became more and more colorful.

We ALL said at one time or another, "Come check this
out!"





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment