Saturday, August 28, 2010

Want to make a "TRASH-O-SAURUS"??!!

I lost my internet connection this week.  That's a total bummer since writing on the blog is a major outlet for me since we're so new to the area (and I know very few people yet). The kids and I had busy, fun week and I hope to start sharing some of our activities later this weekend. We've been working on our timeline unit (I'll explain more soon, though a large portion of that entails the geologic time line... fossils, dinosaurs and such).

Anyway, back to the title of this post... we've been busy making a "trash-o-saurus."  I saw the idea/name somewhere on the web and loved the concept.  So now we're in the process of making our own "trash-o-saurus." We've been fairly true to the name and the only non-rubbish we've used are plastic ties and duct tape (oh, and flour!).  If this would be fun for you and your kid/s -- join us in a week or so when we share our photos by adding a link to your website in the comments area. (I'm not too savy about mr-linky, but might look into doing something like that if others are interested and if there's not too much of a learning curve on how to set that up.) And to be open and honest -- ours is a family project with lots (and lots) of Mom-involvement as you'll soon see! 

Hope someone else finds this idea fun and inspiring (if not now -- at some point down the road!!).

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it, sounds like fun.

    MrLinky is pretty easy, if you need a hand feel free to holler!!!

    ReplyDelete