Monday, January 16, 2012

First Aid and Fire Safety

One of the things hubby and I wanted to be sure cover again this year was emergency situations.  I'm a bit ashamed to say that we hadn't gone over this for close to two years.  Most of this information was new to ED.

The first day, I went over first aid for cuts.  ED helped me to 'prepare' my arm so she wasn't afraid (she drew on my arm with red marker and helped spread the 'blood'). I called the older two into the room and told them I needed immediate help.  LD said immediately, "Oh Ma, that's ketchup." Smart kids, right?! But then they got to the task at hand... putting pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding, wrapping my arm and calling 9-1-1 for help - giving their name, address and explaining what was wrong. We looked at all the various things in our first aid box and we went over where it is kept.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post, nicely done. I will keep this in mind for the future.

    Fire Extinguisher Sales & Service in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete